We are also fully equipped to assist you with your real estate and business needs. Our transaction attorneys provide personalized plans to achieve your business and investment objectives. Our years of transactional experience combined with our attention to detail and our attentiveness to the desires of our clients have made us a highly demanded firm for businesses.
Our attorneys serve clients in Minneapolis, St. Paul, Bloomington to Brooklyn Park, Minnetonka to Maplewood and throughout Minnesota.
Our clients expect creative solutions and higher standards. Clients have consistently returned to Wilkerson & Hegna for business and personal needs because our attorneys are highly skilled in their respective areas of practice.
“Thank you again for representing me as my lawyer and having me as a client. Knowledge of the law can be quite confusing and scary, but you have been very patient in taking care of matters, making me feel confident and assured.”
“Thank you for all your help and patience. It is nice to have this situation behind us so we can move on with life. Once again thank you for all your help.”
Do you need to file a lawsuit related to a business or real estate matter? The service-oriented litigators at Wilkerson & Hegna, located in Edina act on your behalf as follows:
- We demonstrate to the defendant that you are serious. Sometimes litigation can be avoided through a settlement.
- The legal system requires that a successful lawsuit follow formal procedures and adhere to certain deadlines. Do not wait to file a lawsuit against the offending party. We act to preserve your rights.
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of your case to determine if a settlement should be accepted. If not, we gather evidence to increase the strength of your claim during the pre-trial period.
- Determine the optimal legal remedy. Winning isn’t enough. We consider all the players involve and help you decide who to file a lawsuit against. Then, we pursue the most effective solution considering time, cost and chance of a successful outcome.
- Our trial lawyers will guide your case through the legal system. If necessary, we negotiate the appeal process and pursue enforcement of the court’s award.
An attorney guides the title transfer process by reviewing the title and recommending appropriate title insurance to mitigate title risks. Insurance coverage is negotiable and can be maximized to the owner’s advantage by eliminating exceptions to coverage (which an insurance company will automatically include to serve its own interests), but also by requesting policy endorsements.
Clear title is a critical goal of buyers, sellers and lenders. Beyond title issues, we help buyers and sellers of commercial and residential real estate achieve their objectives and long-term goals for their real estate investments. We assist brokers and mortgage lenders in meeting the needs of their clients. Real estate professionals, such as developers, real estate investors, landlords, tenants and contractors rely on our industry knowledge and guidance to conduct business. Our practice areas include:
- Clearing Title Insurance Issues (i.e. Title Commitment, Exceptions and Title Risks)
- Negotiations with Municipal Authorities and Zoning Agencies
- Conducting loan closings on behalf of buyers and sellers
- Title issues pre-closing and post-closing
- Commercial and Residential Leases for Landlord and Tenant
- Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions
- Closing Documents, Loan Documents and Deed Transfer
- Easements and Common Area Agreements
- Clearing liens for materials and labor supplied
- Drafting lien releases
- Real Estate Investment and Development
- Homeowner Associations
- Negotiating disputes with landlords and tenants
- Mechanic’s Liens
We represent parties involved in all variety of commercial real estate disputes. Initiating litigation on your behalf includes thorough preparation and demonstration of intent to go to trial. From pre-trial to trial we aggressively pursue accomplishment of your objective. Although we have a history of successful trial outcomes, we also have experience with the post-trial appeal process. Our practice areas includes:
- Investors, shareholder, partner and ownership disputes
- Easement and boundary disputes
- Land use and zoning appeals
- Breach of lease options
- Fraudulent nondisclosure
- Performance disputes
- Right of first refusal
- Buy-sell agreements
- Construction litigation
- Eminent domain
- Contract disputes
- Mechanics liens
- Tax appeals
View the professional bio of Kyle Hegna, a litigator with over twenty years experience in civil and business litigation.
The attorneys at Wilkerson & Hegna have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the area of formation and review of LLC and Corporate Agreements. For more than 25 years, we have offered our clients a broad range of services, including drafting and review of buy/sell agreements, shareholder agreements, maintaining and updating necessary information, including minutes, annual shareholder and member registration, and preparing stock certificates.
For numerous reasons, municipalities in Minnesota seem to be over-dependent upon property taxes as a source of revenue to fund public improvements like road construction and installation of sewer lines and sidewalks. These special assessments can be an enormous burden on residential property owners, often costing tens of thousands of dollars or more. The attorneys at Wilkerson & Hegna, PLLP are sympathetic and tired of municipalities taking advantage of property owners through special assessments that are often unnecessary. Our attorneys are prepared to help their clients challenge these assessments. With a breadth of knowledge and experience, our attorneys representing property owners in property tax appeals, appearing before boards of assessment appeals, obtaining appraisals, attempting to amicably resolve excessive assessments, and pursuing appeals. Because of the complicated nature of special assessment laws, property owners must act quickly to guarantee their rights are protected. Our attorneys are prepared to make sure our clients aren’t charged more than the government is legally allowed to charge.
In an ever-changing marketplace, Wilkerson & Hegna continues to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients by providing proactive, cost-effective legal services. Our approach to billing is crafted with the goals of the client at the forefront, whether it is a one-time consultation, facilitation of a complex transaction, or lengthy litigation event.
At Wilkerson & Hegna, we understand that transparency and trust are key connectors in the client-attorney relationship. Delivery of effective, efficient, and responsive client service is our first priority. For more information on our fee arrangements, please contact any Wilkerson & Hegna attorney.
Throughout Minnesota this past summer, many people celebrated the warmer weather with an alcoholic beverage. In Minnesota there has been a long-standing rule that bans the sale of alcohol on Sundays. However, changes to this rule were allowed the summer throughout the state. In June, several cities across the state — including Duluth and Minneapolis […]
Commercial real estate projects take a lot of planning from a developer. The planning phases of the project can last weeks, months or years. While the developer may be concerned with the actual layout of the commercial development, the planning phase does not end there. Commercial developers must go further and get approvals from local […]
On many occasions, this blog has discussed the importance of regulatory compliance issues. Businesses that are not in compliance with local, state and federal laws can pay serious penalties. These penalties can include large fines and the loss of business licensures. Therefore, it is important that businesses understand which laws and regulations apply to them […]
Have a question? Want to learn more? Complete the form below.